How to Expand a Datastore in vSphere 6.0
Here is how I expand a datastore in vSphere 6.0. There are other ways to do this, but this is just the way I am familiar with, so this is how I do it. The underlying LUN has already been expanded before performing this operation. You can also expand a datastore by adding an extent from another LUN, but we’re not covering that here. The space has been allocated on the current LUN.
- Log into vSphere Web Client and Select Hosts and Clusters.
- Select your hosts, go to the manage tab, select Storage, then Storage Adapters and then Rescan all your adapters.
- Select OK to Rescan the Storage
- Refresh the Storage Information when complete.
- Go to Datastores, select your Datastore, go to the Manage Tab, Select Settings, then General and click the Increase button.
- Select your device, then click Next.
- Set your new datastore size, then click Next.
- Verify you have what you want, then click Finish.
- Click Refresh to see your new size.